Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gluten Free Bakeries

Today a coworker asked me about local bakeries that sell gluten free desserts. Since gluten free dessert is one of my favorite topics, I decided to share my recommendations.


Enjoy!


Pistacia Vera

(German Village) If you’re up for a non-traditional b-day dessert, the macaroons are delicious and the Passion Fruit Chambord Truffle is chocolate heaven.

Food for Good Thought
(Clintonville) Has awesome vanilla cupcakes and does full sized cakes as ordered. And you’re supporting a really great business (they train and employ people with autism).

Whole Foods
The gluten free cupcakes from Whole Foods Gluten Free Bakery (found in the Whole Foods GF freezer section) are the closest thing to “birthday” cake that I’ve had. I ate a lot of them for my birthday. J

Holiday Baking Company
(Worthington) Some of their stuff is really good, some is just okay. I love their carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, but was disappointed with their chocolate cupcakes. I’d ask to taste a sample of whatever you order before you order it.

Organic Bliss
(Toledo, but they ship) The best chocolate cupcakes ever (they taste like fudge rounds) and the best pumpkin roll I’ve ever had. The only thing I’ve had here that I didn’t like was the scones.

No comments:

Post a Comment