Sunday, October 4, 2009

Got zucchini?

I had a lot of zucchini. Since my zucchini bread failed, and i wasn't motivated to do more baking, I needed a new plan.

Most of my cooking involves looking through the kitchen and coming up with a "concoction" that will be gluten free and won't involve a trip to the store. Sometimes it's barely edible, other times it works out well enough for me to write it down. And so I give you:

Creamy Zucchini Casserole
equal parts shredded zucchini and cooked brown rice (enough to fill your casserole dish)
ground pepper and chives to taste
1/2 onion chopped small
1/2 c kielbasa sausage diced into small pieces
sour cream (use enough to coat everything, but not so much that it's all you can taste)
shredded cheddar cheese to cover the top of the casserole

Mix everything except the cheese together in your casserole dish and smooth out the top. Cover the top with the shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-60 minutes until everything is hot, the zucchini is tender, and the cheese is beginning to brown. Baking time mostly varies based on the size of your casserole dish.

1 comment:

  1. Abbie-

    A friend of mine (and yours, I think), Ashleigh, told me about your blog. I've been gluten-free since May 2008, and am excited to hear about your blog. I like your idea of Zucchini Casserole, but also know of a wonderful gf zucchini bread recipe, that my mom adapted from a wheat flour zucchini bread recipe. It is amazingly moist and so tasty. I'd be happy to share it with you, if you're interested, since you're zucchini bread attempt was a great success.

    ReplyDelete